Quanta Plus: Professional Web Development with KDE
KDE User and Administrator Conference
2004 KDE Community World Summit
Speakers: Andras Mantia, Eric Laffoon
Talk is scheduled for: Saturday, 28th of August 2004, 13:00 - 13:45
Check the Schedule for an overview of all talks during this conference.
This talk is about Quanta Plus, a web development environment included in KDE. We want to give an overview about the features of the software as well as show how it really works.
Below are the examples that I will show about Quanta:
- project handling: group developing, site planner briefly
- helper functions: autocompletion, tag editing, attribute editor, abbreviations
- advanced dialogs: frame, css and table editor dialog
- visual page layout: creating and editing (X)HTML pages in WYSIWYG mode
- extensibility: user defined actions and toolbars, scripts
- template system: templates tree, template types and filtering
- plugins: show briefly the plugins available by default
The following questions will be answered during the talk:
- is Quanta Plus a HTML editor?
- what can I do with Quanta Plus?
- how can I work with Quanta Plus?
- what is the kdewebdev module?
- what applications are included in the kdewebdev module?
- what is the Bleeding Edge series?
About Andras Mantia
Andras Mantia is a freelance Free Software developer whose main job is developing Quanta Plus, task sponsored by Eric Laffoon and other free software supporters. Aside of Quanta Plus he wrote Kallery (http://kallery.kdewebdev.org) and helped in some other projects like KDevelop, KdeTV and a little in the main libraries. He is a licensed computer scientist and worked in the telecommunication area at Ericsson prior to dedicating all his time to free software. He is a big music fan and likes to climb mountains, to drive and to stay with his wife.
About Eric Laffoon
Eric Laffoon worked on aviation electronics, in medical electronics, sales, construction, web design and currently owns Kitty Hooch (kittyhooch.com), a company that produces the world's only guaranteed cat toy. Eric Laffoon has become a very strong supporter of open source software and it is sponsoring a developer to work fulltime on Quanta. He is also the projectleader of this web development tool for the K Desktop Environment
Suggestions and inquiries direct please to KDE aKademy Team.