Performance Optimization - Simulation and Real Measurement
KDE Contributor and Developer Conference
2004 KDE Community World Summit
Speaker: Josef Weidendorfer
Talk is scheduled for: Saturday, 21st of August 2004, 11:00 - 12:00
Check the Schedule for an overview of all talks during this conference.
I want to propose a talk with online demonstration on Performance Optimization, targeted at KDE core and app developers:
- Performance Simulation with Valgrind/Calltree (how to get fast to the results you want)
- Real Measurement with OProfile (systemwide with Hardware performance counters)
- Usecases (When is Simulation not enough?, How to interprete hardware performance counters?)
- Visualization and Comparison of Simulation with Real Measurement
- Future Directions for KCachegrind (Proposal for modularization, ...)
About Josef Weidendorfer
A biography has not yet been provided.
Suggestions and inquiries direct please to KDE aKademy Team.